Make a complaint
If you have cause to complain to GAM we will endeavour to resolve any concerns fairly, effectively and promptly. We will try and resolve your complaint within a timely manner. Where this is not possible and for more complex complaints which require further investigation:
- We will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint within three business days of receipt.
- We will send you full resolution of your complaint within four weeks of receipt. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within four weeks of receipt, we will send you a letter explaining why we are not in a position to resolve your complaint and an indication of when we will make further contact.
- If your complaint has still not been resolved within eight weeks of receipt we will send you:
- A letter explaining why we have still not resolved your complaint with an indication of when you will hear further details from us, and
- Details of your right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are dissatisfied with the way we will have handled your complaint, you may refer the matter to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom. Telephone number: 0800 023 4567; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
The Ombudsman can only consider a case when GAM’s own complaints procedure has been exhausted and provided you refer your case within six months of GAM’s final response.
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent and unbiased assessment of complaints referred to it. We generally regard the Ombudsman’s findings as binding. You are, however, still able to take private legal action if you do not agree with the Ombudsman’s conclusion.
In order to make a complaint to GAM in the UK please contact us using one of the following methods:
1. By email:
2. By post:
Head of Compliance
GAM (UK) Limited
20 King Street
London SW1Y 6QY