1. Ensuring the appropriate mix of investments (or ‘asset allocation’)
This must be the starting point for successful portfolio implementation. By definition, it requires flexibility and the conviction to move between asset classes depending on market conditions.
2. Securing access to the best ideas within each asset class (or stock selection)
By nature, this more specific endeavour requires market-leading expertise and knowledge. We have one of the biggest and most experienced fund research capabilities in Europe. We are known for our skill in finding and investing in the world’s most talented managers.
3. Due Diligence – incessant focus on risk management
Our dedicated Operational Due Diligence Team carries out operational risk analysis on each and every potential manager, as well as conducting on-going analysis of those we are invested in.
4. Consistency – in process, culture and team
Our charity clients each have two dedicated portfolio managers, tasked with the day to day management of the investments to ensure that positioning is consistent with objectives.
5. Responsibility – in all activities and decisions
In both our local communities and our business activities, we promote responsible business practices, respectful of the environment and of human rights.