GAM adheres to very high standards and we aim to provide the very best service to our customers. This includes having an effective complaints procedure when you feel those standards haven’t been met.
If you have a cause to complain to GAM, we will endeavor to resolve any concerns fairly, effectively and promptly, in accordance with our internal complaints policy. We treat all complaints seriously, whether they are made by letter, email or telephone.
Below are the steps GAM will take once a complaint has been received:
- We will send you a prompt written acknowledgement - within three business days - providing early reassurance that the complaint has been acknowledged and that we are investigating the matter.
- In line with the FCA rules, we must send you a written ‘final response’ within eight weeks after the receipt of the complaint. However, in accordance with our internal complaints policy, we will aim to provide the final response within four weeks of receipt of the complaint. The final response will detail the actions we have decided to take and a subsequent explanation as to why we have come to that decision. If appropriate, we will offer redress by means of compensation and an apology. If you are unsatisfied with the final outcome, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (‘FOS’) within 6 months of the final response.
- In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your complaint within eight weeks of receipt, we will send you:
- A letter explaining why we have still not resolved your complaint with an indication of when you will hear further details from us, and
- Details of your right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (‘FOS’)
If you are dissatisfied with the way we will have handled your complaint or the final outcome, you may refer the matter to the FOS.
The FOS provides a free, independent and unbiased assessment of complaints referred to it. We generally regard the Ombudsman’s findings as binding. You are, however, still able to pursue the matter privately via the courts.
The Ombudsman can only consider a case when GAM’s own complaints procedure has been exhausted. Please note, you must also refer your case to the FOS within 6 months of GAMs final response.
The FOS contact details are as follows:
Address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom.
Telephone number: 0800 023 4567;
How to make a complaint:
In order to make a complaint to GAM in the UK, please contact us using one of the following methods:
1. By email:
2. By post:
Head of Compliance
GAM (UK) Limited
8 Finsbury Circus
London EC2M 7GB
For further information regarding GAMs complaints contact details, please refer to the Financial Services Register.